|Foundation for the Education of Needy Children in Fiji Together to Make the Difference|
About FENC Fiji
Fenc Fiji is a non-political, not-for-profit, cause-oriented, voluntary organisation with a mission to provide education and related support to the under priviledged children of the Fiji Islands.
Guidelines to Sponsor
GUIDELINES TO SPONSOR
1. See the list of poorest of the poor children (in the Fenc Fiji website), who are waiting to receive assistance for their education.
2. Choose the child you wish to sponsor. Fenc Fiji can assist you finalise your choice ensuring the child you have picked has not already been selected.
3. As sponsor, you will receive regular reports on the situation and progress of the child.
4. These reports on the child you select will be made available to you subject to the following:
a) That these are confidential information,
b) That you agree you will not disclose or publicise the same in any shape or form. You further
agree to make every effort to prevent unauthorised access or inappropriate use of any photos,
videos or information stored about the child,
c) That as such you will, at all times, maintain the confidentiality of the child and the family and of
the reports made available to you relating to the sponsored child.
d) That any contact with the child or the child’s family shall only be facilitated through a
designated representative of Fenc Fiji.
e) Should you not wish to nominate a child, Fenc Fiji will identify a child to be assisted through
Budget of Expenses for Sponsorships from Classes 1 to Form 7.
a) Primary school children (Class 1-6) a maximum cost of FJD $400.00 per child, per year, and as reviewed from time to time.
b) Secondary School Children:
i) Forms 1-3 – a maximum of FJD $600.00 per child per year, and as reviewed from time to
ii) Forms 4-7 – a maximum of FJD $750.00 per child per year, and as reviewed from time to
c) The above Budget includes:
i) School Supplies:
- Payment of School levies;
- Enrolment fee (where applicable);
- School sandals;
ii) For secondary schools, in addition to the above, the following:
- Sporting events/outfits;
- Technical requirements;
- School excursion;
- Research/project expenses;
- Other related miscellaneous expenses;
iii) Administrative Costs:
Each dollar that you contribute under the “Sponsor a Child” program will be channeled to the beneficiary children. Fenc Fiji’s organisation, management and service delivery costs are financed through other ways and means.
While Fenc Fiji shall make all reasonable efforts to undertake that a Sponsor accepts the Sponsorship as per the ‘Guidelines to Sponsor’ provided above, Fenc Fiji assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable directly or indirectly to a person(s) including the Sponsor, or the Sponsored Child or his/her family in respect of, or as consequence of, misuse or breach, actions or omissions in respect of the Sponsor.
“Together to Make the Difference”